They’re kind of silly. Still, my spell of take-abstinence continues. I’ve not read any bad opinions on Syria, I don’t know what ludicrous hijinks are going on within the Democrats, I don’t care whether Emma Watson is a feminist, I continue to not be interested in Owen Jones. It’s good.* I just read some embarrassingly juvenile tat on my commute and arrive at work with a spring in my step. All this does mean that the list is… bitesize. So let’s get to it.
- This review of a biography of Theresa May will do funny things to you. On the one hand, the sexism of the Tory party might make you feel some sympathy for her (vile). On the other, the revelation that a lot of the worst ideas and policies of the last five-odd years were conceived of by Theresa May before being usurped by some other slime will make her seem even more awful. Very nuanced, imo!
- A reminder that even the rumours and prospects of a crackdown on immigration are enough to cause material harm and suffering, with immigrants in the States almost going into hiding.
- Charming profile of Patrick Stewart.
- Two lists running with an article about classical knobs! I’m sorry! But this was interesting on why Greek statues aren’t always that impressively endowed.
- Some good lads have started a new website for games writing, and it’s exciting news. Currently got a couple of good pieces on it about games I haven’t played but like – one to watch!
- The article accompanying this incredible long-exposure photo gif thing of the Shard is kind of thin and empty? But my god I could watch the animation all day.
And that’s that, off you go. Get a subscription to Marvel Unlimited. Leave me be.
*obviously, as you can see from this summary, I remain deeply in tune with the ebb and flow of the takes, I just don’t read them anymore